Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi there,
A few years ago, I placed a baby for adoption. It was a very bad time in my life. My marriage was crumbling, due to my husband using drugs, and so we made the choice to place our baby. We have since divorced, and I have re-married. The adoptive parents and I have an awesome and close relationship, and they have gotten to know my new husband. (We have a very open adoption). My husband loves and respects the adoptive parents very much, and has recently come to me and asked me if I would be open to having another child with the intent of placing the baby with the adoptive parents (they are currently using the same agency in hopes of adopting again). My question is, is this weird? Would any of you be open to a situation like this? I would like to approach the adoptive parents, and ask them, but it is a sensitive issue, and I feel the need to tread lightly. Any feedback is appreciated.
I am not sure what my opinion of this is--- I am not sure that I would give birth to a child in order for someone else to adopt it. Have you considered being a surrogate-using their egg and sperm and your womb? I do know there is considerable expense involved with that so that may not be an option for them.
Have you considered how the child would feel as they got older knowing that before you became pregnant you had the intention of giving them up? Have you asked your husband why he wants you to do this? Why does he want to do this? What does your family think of this? Do you have other children living with you? How would you explain it to them? How would you explain your decision to give up the child to your friends and coworkers?
This is a lot to think about before making a decision to do it or not. I don't envy you
Advertisements