Advertisements
Advertisements
Sigh...this just came in on my newsfeed over at Facebook, and to say I'm appalled is an understatement. Adoptive parents in Union County, North Carolina, have been arrested for punishing a child by handcuffing him to the porch and placing a dead chicken around his neck. BUT the shocking part is that the adoptive mother is the supervisor for the Union County Department of Social Services. They have four adopted children and one foster child. I'm not sure if the child in question was the foster kid or one of the adoptees. But the whole thing has my head spinning.
The URL to the story by the Charlotte Observer: [url=http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/11/15/4470329/child-found-handcuffed-to-porch.html]Child found handcuffed to porch with dead chicken around his neck | CharlotteObserver.com[/url]
looks like he was a foster kid "The child handcuffed to the porch is the 11-year-old Harper and Larson had been fostering, authorities said."
pretty horrific
Advertisements
Sadly, I am not shocked at all that a CPS supervisor would be involved in a situation like this. I've heard about too many, and have seen too much lately.
You have to wonder what this kid did to "deserve" such a punishment :grr:
wth is wrong with people, I'd enjoy skinning them just like I would a dead chicken.