Advertisements
Advertisements
OK..I normally read everyone elses story so today is the first time to post mine!
I have a 1 yo in my care (little bit) :love: and she has been in foster care for 11 months. She was with an amazing foster family before I got her. She was moved to me because her previous foster mom was expecting her third child and could not care for her anymore. I have had her in my care for 7 months. Her bio mom is delusional! She had a still born child 3 years ago who she thinks is still alive and that she was actually a twin (she had prenatal care and was NOT having twins). She thinks the doctors took her baby and told her she was dead and sold her to another couple. She has many crazy stories just like this one. She lives in a motel with her boyfriend (not the father), her mother and her mother's boyfriend. All in one small motel room with a tiny kitchen. She did nothing for 7 months and after her last court date she decided to get it together and work her plan. Her plan was supposed to include a psych. evaluation which no one would believe she would pass but low and behold she DID! :arrow: So now this precious little girl is going to be sent back after her next court date on Jan.8th! I found out that DSS only ordered a bio psych. which apparently is not a full psych. evaluation. This family adores little bit so I am happy they will get her back but so sad that little bit's life will be just like her moms was and I pray that she does not end up crazy like that too.
I we know how you feel, and understand your frustrations with CPS and Social services. We have been foster parents for many year sand; we usually take children from 0 to 7 years of age into your home. My wife and I will never understand CPS and their logic, sometimes doesn't make any sense, especially when the problem is crystal right in front of them. We have never had any faith in county contract services, i.e. parenting classes, counseling services, drug testing labs, and psych exams. Most states are Pro unification, and there is not much to stop them, unless the bio parents totally just screw up, and CPS has no other choice but move forward with other kin or adoption. You can try becoming De facto parents in the child's case, and have some say.
Good luck..:moped:
Advertisements
I am new to this forum and find that things are so different for you guys in the USA (I am in Canada) EXCEPT your post. We are forever running into situations where we don't agree with the plan. It's so hard when you care so much and only want the best for the kids.
Just cross your fingers and hope for the best.