Advertisements
Advertisements
My mother was adopted when she was 12 years old. Her birth name was Ruby Faye Shivers. She came from a family of 11 children and is now wanting to find two of her younger siblings. The birth names are Carolyn Sue Shivers born in Oklahoma aprox. 1950 and Jimmy Dean Shivers born in Oklahoma aprox. 1952. We don't know if they were adopted separately or together and do not know what their names might have been changed to. We do know that Carolyn Sue stayed at Glen Home for Girls and Jimmy Dean stayed at Sunbeam Home for Boys. Both places in Oklahoma City, OK. Birth parents are Miles Shivers and Velma Imogene King Shivers. If anyone can advise me on how to start looking or have any information about this family please contact me. Any assistance would be appreciated.
I'm not terribly experienced at searching, but I took a few minutes to look for a James D Shivers from Oklahoma, on the off chance his name hadn't been changed. (What age was he adopted at, do you know? If he was older, it's quite possible he was allowed to keep his birth name, or remembered it and reclaimed it - if he was adopted as an infant, the great likelihood is that his name was changed and "Jimmy Shivers" won't get you all that far in your search.) I did find evidence of a James D Shivers from Oklahoma - on a pay-for-the-records sort of site. I'll send you the link in a private message in case you feel it's worth pursuing at the price.
I hope that helps...
Advertisements
daughtermom, maybe this will help.
On the adoption forum site here, there are free search angels.
You have quite a bit of information, it sounds as tho you need someone to put it together for you.
I would contact one of the search angels, provide the info, and ask for help.
I wish you the best.
emerald23
I'm not terribly experienced at searching, but I took a few minutes to look for a James D Shivers from Oklahoma, on the off chance his name hadn't been changed. (What age was he adopted at, do you know? If he was older, it's quite possible he was allowed to keep his birth name, or remembered it and reclaimed it - if he was adopted as an infant, the great likelihood is that his name was changed and "Jimmy Shivers" won't get you all that far in your search.) I did find evidence of a James D Shivers from Oklahoma - on a pay-for-the-records sort of site. I'll send you the link in a private message in case you feel it's worth pursuing at the price.
I hope that helps...
Thank you emerald23. Jimmy and Carolyn were both approximately 7 years and 5 years old. Maybe just a bit younger. James D. Shivers is a part of this family that my mother found right after she got married in 1964.
Drywall
daughtermom, maybe this will help.
On the adoption forum site here, there are free search angels.
You have quite a bit of information, it sounds as tho you need someone to put it together for you.
I would contact one of the search angels, provide the info, and ask for help.
I wish you the best.
Thank you Drywall. I will do that. I appreciate your suggestion.
Hello Brenda , I found your posts on here as well as ancestry . I am an adoptee born to a Sue Monroe , who was also adopted per my records . Not sure if her name was Carolyn \Sue or Sue Carolyn , paperwork is different between my OBC and adoption paperwork. Name on my OBC is simply Sue Monroe , but other paperwork references both Sue Carolyn and the latter. I was born in 1969, Sues age at the time of my birth was 19 which would make her born around 1950. I was born in Oklahoma City OK, my OBC states Sue was also born in Oklahoma. I just wondered if we could talk in regards to if we are looking for the same family? Its a long shot, but leaving nothing unchecked,My email is slneasby@gmail.com ...or i am on FB, have a community page [url]https://www.facebook.com/searchforsuemonroe..thanks[/url] , Staci
Advertisements