Advertisements
Advertisements
Adoptees: Some homework here- Take your bible off the shelf- do some digging and share some quotes from Biblical adoptees Moses and Esther in the Bible, and even Joseph in the Bible who was sold into slavery and separated from his birth family at a young age. Any quotes you read by these adoptees/orphans share that resonate with you. Also welcoming quotes from adoptees from Classical literature- like Anne of Green Gables, Rebecca of Sunny Brook Farm, etc. It's interesting to read their quotes and find common threads of feelings, questions or ponderings they had that resonate with those adopted. Thanks for sharing!!
Advertisements
Not biblical, but definitely classic lit...
Euripides' Ion has many quotes that resonate with me:
Ion: "Ah, beloved mother, when thy visage also shall I see? More than ever now I long to see thee, who thou be soe'er."
Ion: "I go: yet to my fortune one thing lacks: for, save I find her who gave life to me, my life is naught."
Chorus: "Seer-son of Latona, what strain hast thou chanted? Whence came he, the waif in thy temple-porch lying? Thy fosterling -- yea, but a mother yet wanted!"
Ion: "...and for my mother: -- though she be afar in body, ever her name is in my heart."
Ion: "O hapless she who bare me, who hath suffered like me, hath lost the joys of motherhood!"
Creusa, upon realizing Ion is her long lost child: "What, O what vision see I, past all hope!..."
"Child! -- light to mother better than the sun!"
omg i remember like this place use 2 do like quotes like daily frm the bible nd u could like generate baby quotes, so randommm lolz it doeznt do anything like that no more but this post made me think bout it. This here doez like the same thing if ur in the mood 4 like quotes n stuff, i just searched it now like on google cauz i hate yahhoo cauz of the like less results ( feel so advanced explaining thish ahah lol)
Last update on April 2, 9:44 am by Miriam Gwilliam.