Advertisements
Advertisements
We're on the emergency call list so late calls don't really surprise me too much. Looks like we're getting 2 girls (ages 1 and 2) in the next hour. We got permission to be over our limit (age and kid number wise) as well as to let them both sleep in playpens for the weekend. Tuesday they should be moved to a home but I don't know a thing about them not even their names. The on call worker was both DLP's and Giggles' and she knows NOTHING about it. Its kinda crazy but I'm excited. :)
Girl you are crazy, nutso, coo-coo for Cocoa puffs. ;-)
You are going to have a CRAZY and fun weekend. Please tell me DH is home to help you?
How do you manage to do stand-by for littles? Do you keep several different sized car seats handy? And do you drive like a huge SUV or do you have a van? I can't do it now, but i thought about some day down the road opening to weekend only emer care. I'd have to investigate it more, like how often do they NOT leave on Monday, but something I thought about.
Advertisements
It will be a fun weekend at your house! I would love that placement, but dh might run from the house screaming lol.
Have a fun weekend! One thing about it, because you don't have beds you know they will be short term. What's a little babysitting? ;) I hope they aren't to shell-shocked when you get them. Good luck!
I have a 15 passenger van that we affectionately call our bus. Our sw will be leaving the girls' carseats so nothing to worry about there. They won't be leaving Monday, going to wait till Tuesday because Monday is a holiday. 3 heads of hair to get ready for church on Sunday. Makes me glad its my week to be in the nursery.
And yes the Hubs is home and has Monday off. Although he is planning to take our older boy shooting on Monday with some friends from work. They got tanerite (spelling?) to play with so they're excited.
Advertisements
navywife
I have a 15 passenger van that we affectionately call our bus. Our sw will be leaving the girls' carseats so nothing to worry about there. They won't be leaving Monday, going to wait till Tuesday because Monday is a holiday. 3 heads of hair to get ready for church on Sunday. Makes me glad its my week to be in the nursery.
Ahh, gotcha. Once I don't have daycare costs anymore, I am going to get a new car, and probably a mini-van. I have a Saturn Vue now and am pretty limited on how many kids I can handle.
I tell you, as much as I LOVE, and I really do, doing little girls' hair, that is one thing I keep reminding myself about having boys vs girls. Boys, I can have them up and ready to be out the door in less than 10 minutes. Even getting clothes ready the night before, takes at least 20 minutes for girls because of that darn hair. Unless they keep it really short.
And also,
boys: get lice, shave, done.
girls: get lice. treatment, treatment, comb, treatment, comb, for 2 weeks.
Boys are starting to finally win me over, which is probably a good thing since I am looking at potentially having two forever.
Have fun with those little princesses!
Everyone is asleep. :) Had to bathe and un mat the older ones hair. SW didn't even know their names and had no idea how old they were. Thanks to one medical card we were able to find out the sw was telling us the wrong name for the child. Also we at least know the age of the younger one :)
Advertisements
Good Luck! hope things go smoothly. I've had two extras for an extended weekend on two occasions and it is exhausting and overwhelming but also exciting and fun and I'd do it again. Hope you all enjoy your time together and that the little ones don't have an overly hard time adjusting. My first sibling set did pretty well but my second set sobbed practically non stop :( Hope yours have a nice fun weekend with you!
navywife
Everyone is asleep. :) Had to bathe and un mat the older ones hair. SW didn't even know their names and had no idea how old they were. Thanks to one medical card we were able to find out the sw was telling us the wrong name for the child. Also we at least know the age of the younger one :)
Don't you just love that! I had a little guy and it took over a week to find out his name. Bio refused to tell anyone... SO helpful.
How about Frick and Frack? Thing 1 and Thing 2? Baby Girl and Sweetheart? Trouble and more trouble?
Poor babies, I can't imagine what they came from. Hope they are settling in ok.
No tears just super smiles. Honestly its really weird to me that they didn't cry at all last night and haven't asked about mommy once. Smiles has already just started calling me mama and Bug wants me to pick her up every couple minutes. DLP is green with jealousy.
Advertisements
Many times when babies come in for neglect they have spent much of their lives being cared for by multiple people, getting passed off so bm can go party. Which makes them not attach properly to anyone. Nugget was almost 3 when he came. Definitely old enough to be asking for mom. But he didn't. It's sad.
navywife
And yes the Hubs is home and has Monday off. Although he is planning to take our older boy shooting on Monday with some friends from work. They got tanerite (spelling?) to play with so they're excited.
You are my people! Haha. As for the new placements, how fun. I would love those ages.