Advertisements
Advertisements
so my strange situation is this..... I was adopted when I was ten , had my middle and last names changed... by twelve I was in another foster home , and by 15 found and moved back to my birth state, where I simply fell into using my full birth name....but now I am thinking that my birth name doesn't actually exist... does it or is my changed adopted name really my leagal name... because ive never said anything about being adopted when obtaining id or anything else, as my birth mother had kept my original birth certificate an ss card..and I simply used that... and ive never legally had my name changed back... so am I actually still my adopted identity.. please help.... im so lost :confused:
If you were legally adopted and had your name legally changed at that time, then those are still your legal names.
You seem to have identification based on your original birth name and are going by that, so seems to me you can do a legal name change back. I'm unclear how no one has caught onto this, but stranger things have happened in the world of birth certificates.
Advertisements
Legally, as crick stated, your name is the name you were given after you were adopted. If your mother hadn't kept your original birth certificate (OBC), you wouldn't have access to the document.
So, yes, if your name was legally changed by your adoptive family, then that is currently your legal name.
So far, no one has caught on, but it has the potential to create problems for you in the future. So, first, make sure that your name was legally changed by your adoptive family. If it was and you want to go by your original name for jobs, school records, driver's licenses, etc., you MUST legally change your name.
even worse... I have a older full blooded brother whom ive never and may never meet...as he was awarded to the state befor I was born.. by six years. all I have is his name and Arizona... this is another constant stress for me...and the older I get the more these situations are the for front of my depression and general downward spiral...I don't have a attach emotion.. people come and go in my life and , I don't care ... because there will always be more people , the traditional family attachments are non existent, I don't talk to my sisters, mom, definitely not my father... I did try though.. it's not worth explaining ... the only person I am truly attached to is my son... because he is mine . I struggle with everyday simplicities .. cause I don't feel.. I only feel that ive been forced into being alive this way...
unknownone,
There is an avenue you can explore to find your brother - comes with no guarantees...
[url=http://laws.adoption.com/statutes/arizona-laws.html]Arizona Adoption Laws[/url]
Using a Confidential Intermediary:
The following parties may use the services of a confidential intermediary: •birth siblings age 21 or older;
•adoptive parents or legal guardians of adopted adults age 18 or older;
•adopted adults age 21 or older;
•the immediate, adult relatives (age 21 or older) of a deceased adopted adult;
•birth parents; or
•birth grandparents if birth parents are deceased.
A confidential intermediary must obtain written consent from both parties before releasing information. Adoptive parents may file an affidavit that prohibits the confidential intermediary from contacting the adopted adult unless the adoptive parents remove the affidavit or the adopted adult files an affidavit stating that he or she knows he or she is adopted and wishes to make contact with the birth parents. Birth parents can file an affidavit prohibiting contact with birth siblings.
You can also leave a letter in his file with the state in case he comes looking and/or ask about signing a release of your information to him should he ask.
Providing Information:
Supplemental information may be placed in the file by any of the following parties: birth parents, adopted adult, adoptive parents, or family of the adopted adult.
Hopefully this is not out of date...but it least gives you a starting point / where to look. For the email I expect you will have to go to the above link to access it.
Arizona Confidential Intermediary Program
Arizona Supreme Court
Attn: Torin Scott
1501 W. Washington
Phoenix AZ 85007
(602) 542-9586 or (602) 542-9580
Email: click here
[url=http://www.supreme.state.az.us/cip/]Confidential Intermediary Program[/url]
Kind regards,
Dickons
uknownone - I had a friend who was "adopted" by an aunt. She had been going by the aunts last name everything. When she was 20 she found out she had never been officially "adopted" that she was just living with the aunt. However; because she had gone by the name for so long it was considered her legal name. She had to get a certain number of people to testify as to what her name had been for so long and they eventually just changed it based off of that. So honestly although your name is legally what it was when you were adopted, you may be able to use your birth name. Call the social security office near you and see what you need to do.
Advertisements
yeah your adoption id is your lagally id now according to me because they adopt you legally
[url=http://duilegalhelp.co/]dui defense lawyers[/url]