Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi
Welcome. As for your questions:
1. How big is your place? I'm curious if they will have an issue if its a 2 bedroom with three dogs. I'm not sure but at least have all their shot records ready.
2. How long is your current duty station for? Many cases can take up to 15-18 months once placed. You also have to factor in foster training and homestudy time before even being placed. Being in the military won't discount you by itself though.
3. Yes you can foster to adopt, that's my plan now with my son (just completed TPR last month...waiting for paperwork now)
4. Much of the adoption process is actually paid for if you are going through a agency or the state. You get a stipend depending on the age and special needs of the child per month. In addition, if you get to adoption process they pay up to 400 for a lawyer if you choose to hire one....or they will use a free agency I believe.
As for getting too attached.....it was my worry also....and still is of course but these kids need a family to love them. Once you have a chance to be a part of their lives, that will be the most important thing you've ever done.
Any more questions, feel free to PM me.
Ex E-5 (ex navy)