Advertisements
Advertisements
Attached are the procedure and forms for an uncontested step-parent adoption as originally posted from mommyfirst. I have simply consolidated the instructions and forms to make it easy for you.
Advertisements
Thank you, sksoria and mommyfirst, for posting these forms. They don't open correctly formatted, but I was able to get what I needed. I'm going through the process of attempting to adopt my wife's two sons - I'm pretty much all they know as a father and we want to make it official. Two questions: 1) In the Texas Family Code 161.103, of the items required to be in the Voluntary Relinquishment Affidavit, #12 is the designation of an adoptive parent. Does my name need to appear in this document (as the adoptive parent)? Or can we reference my wife as the Managing Conservator? The probability of the biological father signing this would be greater if my name were kept out of this affidavit. We would obviously complete the Petition for Adoption separately, but file all documents at once.; Question 2) Per 161.1031, does the biological father (who will hopefully be signing the Relinquishment Affidavit) need to complete a Medical History Report? I'm not clear if this is necessary or not when the Relinquishment Affidavit is part of a Stepparent Adoption. Thank you!!