Advertisements
Advertisements
I have a very unusual situation. I was dating a man who was separated and had a child. The mom left the child in Thailand with the grandparents. Eventually he got divorced and custody of child. We moved her in with us when she was 4 yrs old. We never did marry. When she was 10 her dad died. Her mom lives in California. Her mom agreed to leave the child with me until after Christmas. Something happened and it was postponed until the end of the school year. Well she is now 14 and still living with me. I realize I basically have no legal rights over my step daughter. She introduces me as her step mom, and her mom is very supporting of me. I live in az and need to have some type of legalization over my child in case something happens, and because I want too. What are my options, can anyone help?
I would either look On Line, or I would contact an Adoption Attorney.
Since you never married. I don't think she is technically your Step Daughter. She would be a Minor Child who is living with you.
Have you tried getting any Assistance with your Court's Family Law Center?
Her Mom's Parental Rights from what you are saying sounds like never were Terminated also?
She should be giving you Child Support as well. If truly she is agreeable to your arrangement??
Are you seeking Guardianship, or what specifically are you seeking??
Juli
Advertisements