Advertisements
Advertisements
We were put into contact with a birthmom via an OB friend of ours. She is approx. 36 weeks and is having a scheduled c-section. The big "issue" if you would label that is that she has 5 children already. She is asking us how we plan to help her care for those children while she is in hospital and during the 6 week recovery. She stated that an adoption agency would do those things but the doctor told her about us first. I've been talking to her for 3 weeks now and this is the first mention of an agency. We are handling it independently with attorneys, and she is adamant that it is kept private. Her children and family do not even know she is pregnant. I feel like I've been side swiped. I don't even know if it's legal to help pay for or provide that care and I've only been given a short time frame to fine out. Any suggestions?
Unless your Attorneys disapprove?
Normally, yes it is Legal and Protocol to pay for all Birthmom's Living Expenses.
With 5 Kids you are possibly looking at $30,000 in Day Care also.
I would look either at Care.com or post on Craigslist.
If it were me also? I would push at her privacy rights are over in Advocacy of her Children!!
Advertisements