Advertisements
Advertisements
Dear Forums Community,
We appreciate the feedback you have given us. We are working hard to fix bugs and issues that have been reported. It may take a few months for us to get all of the features implemented and working correctly, but we are committed to making our forums user friendly and convenient. The end product will be amazing and mobile responsive!! :banana:
We appreciate your patience through this transition. Feel free to respond to this thread if you have suggestions or feedback. We love our forums community and want you to know we are listening.
Can you please, please, PLEASE get rid of the "She Chose Adoption" subforum heading? It's truly offensive, especially since adoption and abortion are only minimally, and tangentially, connected.
A subforum labelled "Happy Adoption Stories" would serve the same purpose, and wouldn't perpetuate the abortion vs. adoption NON-issue.
I ask this respectfully and sincerely.
Advertisements
AbusedAdoptee
Can you please, please, PLEASE get rid of the "She Chose Adoption" subforum heading? It's truly offensive, especially since adoption and abortion are only minimally, and tangentially, connected.
A subforum labelled "Happy Adoption Stories" would serve the same purpose, and wouldn't perpetuate the abortion vs. adoption NON-issue.
I ask this respectfully and sincerely.
I don't know that we want to perpetuate the "happy adoptee" versus bitter or angry adoptee polarization by relabeling the sub-category as "Happy Adoption Stories."
Maybe "Positive Adoption Stories" would be a better choice. (And, even then, it's too simplistic.)
But, I agree with your point. To assume that the adoption choice is an anti-abortion choice is far too simplistic. Many mothers don't choose adoption over abortion. If they are anti-abortion, they often grapple with adoption or keeping the child. Or, if they are pro-choice, they often grapple with abortion or keeping the child. Sure, there are of course those who are deciding between adoption and abortion. But, the sub-category makes it seem like we were all on the chopping block and were spared. Nope. That was not even an option in my mother's mind.
1 Liked
 likes this.
L4R
I don't know that we want to perpetuate the "happy adoptee" versus bitter or angry adoptee polarization by relabeling the sub-category as "Happy Adoption Stories."
Maybe "Positive Adoption Stories" would be a better choice. (And, even then, it's too simplistic.)
But, I agree with your point. To assume that the adoption choice is an anti-abortion choice is far too simplistic. Many mothers don't choose adoption over abortion. If they are anti-abortion, they often grapple with adoption or keeping the child. Or, if they are pro-choice, they often grapple with abortion or keeping the child. Sure, there are of course those who are deciding between adoption and abortion. But, the sub-category makes it seem like we were all on the chopping block and were spared. Nope. That was not even an option in my mother's mind.
When one reads the actual blurb for that subforum, it does come across as if it was a simple choice of "Now which way should I get rid of this inconvenience - abort it or adopt it out" rather than the reproductive choice first and then parenting choice second which is the usual process. Even adoption professionals know that their main competition is the option of parenting, not the option of abortion.
A place for adoptees to share their positive adoption stories about how their birthparents choosing adoption over abortion impacted their life
You can now zoom in and out on the forums using a mobile phone! Along with our developers we will continue working to improve the site. Thank you for your feedback!
The TAB for adoption laws is gone.
Same with the TAB for Reunite that takes you to the adoption registry link.
Is the registry gone too? I can't find it...
How is anyone supposed to find stuff that just disappears?
Kind regards,
Dickons
Advertisements
Thank you for hearing our concerns and renaming the "She Chose..." section! "Positive Adoption Stories" is SO much more appropriate.
adoptionadmin
You can now zoom in and out on the forums using a mobile phone! Along with our developers we will continue working to improve the site. Thank you for your feedback!
Thank you! It's working more like it used to now.
I also now see the light bulb at the bottom. However... the light bulb moves around between the bottom right corner and the middle of the left side of the screen when replying on a phone. More than once now three light bulb had floated over the keys of buttons I was trying to use and so in the middle of writing suddenly I lose the whole post as the window opens to the light-bulb suggestion page.
I will try a second post to see if the light bulb will capture a screen shot of what I'm seeing.
AbusedAdoptee
Thank you for hearing our concerns and renaming the "She Chose..." section! "Positive Adoption Stories" is SO much more appropriate.
Is it really gone!... or am I seeing things again??
If it is really gone, I agree, the new title is much more appropriate, for so many reasons.
THANK YOU:thanks:
When I go to a.com, click on I'm an Adoptee, then click on one of the forum message squares, I get this message:
Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
The forum page comes up with the catagories, but no post shows, just the message.
Advertisements
Thank you! We know there are some broken links and we are working on fixing those as quickly as we can. You might have a cached version of the page. I would try refreshing my cookies and see if you are still seeing the same error.
Went to put this in the lightbulb where you could post your own ideas for some forum - did that - and then they wanted my name and email address...so here it is.
Bring back the ability to get back to the "forum" level of the address so we can re-select "View all of today's posts".
Also having all the drop down tabs to the laws, reunion registry, etc that used to run across the top would be nice. Now you have to go back to adoption.com and then try to figure out where you might have decided to put that particular link.
A site needs to be user friendly and this just isn't that...
Kind regards,
Dickons
Advertisements
The font for the regular text his horrible. Soooo hard to read and I'm in my 30's so something is way off here. The rest of the stuff is coming along but the fonts.......
2 Liked
and  like this.