Advertisements
Advertisements
For my dissertation, I am looking to interview adoptee's that have given birth to a biological child. This study seeks to explore how bearing and raising a biological child as an adoptee has, if at all, impacted your sense of self and sense of belonging.
To participate in the study you must meet the following criteria:
1. Age 18 or older
2. You were adopted prior to your first birthday
3. Must have had a biological child within the last 5 years.
Being a part of this study is voluntary. If you volunteer, we ask that you commit to approximately 60 minutes to conduct the interview. However, if you feel uncomfortable during the interview, you may stop participating at any time. You may also refuse to answer any questions you do not wish to answer. Those that complete the interview will receive a $25 gift card. All data gathered from the study will be put into a password-protected file that only the researcher will have access to.
Feel free to share this study with women you know who are adopted. Please keep in mind that one of our goals is to obtain a diverse sample in terms of age, race, income level, religion, sexual orientation, and ethnicity. We would appreciate that you share this to friends and others who are similar and different from yourself. The interviews will take place at the location of your choice (e.g. a public library conference room, the library/classroom at Alliant International University in San Diego, or any other location within San Diego County where you feel safe and secure).
Thank you for your anticipated participation in this study. If you have any questions or need further information, please do not hesitate to email me at AdoptionStudySD@gmail.com.
Alicia Irvin, M.A., MFT
Alliant International University
Under the Supervision of:
Sean Davis, PhD
Associate Professor
Couple and Family Therapy Program
Alliant International University