Advertisements
Advertisements
I am trying to find members of my birth family could anyone help please. I was born jean turner on April 14th 1975 in Easington county durham in the uk. I know my birth father james gilling is deceased but when I was born he had two daughters in their late teens. My mother also jean turner was seperated from her husband harry turner at the time and the had a child who was two years older than me my mothers maiden name was maddison.
Any help would be really appreciated
Thanks
Laura
Hi Laura
The child born to a Maddison mother 2 years older than you was an Alison Turner born Durham Eastern July-Sept 72. An Alison Furner married a Lyndan D Fenwick 95 in Sunderland. Cannot find her on the electoral rolls but she could have remarried in 2004 Sunderland a Paul Nicholson but again doesn't appear on the electoral rolls.
Going back to the two girls born to James Gilling. James Gilling married Jul-Sept 55 Durham Eastern a Margaret J Smith. There were two girls born to this marriage a Margaret J Gilling Jan-Mar 56 Durham Eastern to a mothers name Smith and Janet Gilling Jan-Mar 59 Durham Eastern again to a mothers maiden name Smith.
Margaret Gilling is a member of Genes Reunited 10747229 and has her birth in Sedgefield which is part of Durham Eastern and she has Janet born 59 in Easington under the same membership number. She also has her name today as Margaret J Harbottle. Margaret J Gilling married 72 Durham Eastern a Raymond Oliver and then a Margaret J Oliver remarried in Oct-Dec 78 Durham Eastern a Robert C Harbottle
Margaret Jane Harbottle is on the electoral rolls today and is put as age 58 which would be spot on living with a Robert Charles Harbottle age 60 and daughter Linda Harbottle age 29 at
8 Newark Close
Peterlee
SR8 2AS
This is an up to date address for the last electoral rolls in October 2013.
The very best of luck to you. Do let me know how you get on as I just so love happy endings.
Anne Lee
(this is my first post on Adoption.com so I am still trying to get around this site)
email marmite3@talktalk.net
Advertisements
If that information hasn't helped you can go to social services and tell them you want to search or go to After Adoption - they also have a forum - the url is [url=http://www.afteradoption.org.uk]After Adoption | Family Finding and Adoption Support[/url] and their number is on the website.