Advertisements
Advertisements
Hey Everyone:
I am new to this forum. So I am not sure I'm posting in the right place.
You think as I live in Africa, the process of adoption would be easier - but it seems to be proving to be 10 times more difficult.
I live in Khartoum Sudan - where 255 babies are abandoned per month in Khartoum state alone (very small portion compared to the whole country), you would think adoption for expats would happen here - but it doesn't, generally adoption here is considered 'haram', though more locals in the past few years have begun to foster the children.
However there is still a large mortality rate.
Anyway....
My husband and I have been trying to have children for almost 5 years. We have done every fertility treatment with out own specimens from clomid to 3 rounds of IVF, and still no baby.
So we are looking into adoption in Kenya, Zambia, Uganda and Ethiopia. If anyone has any information on agencies, or orphanages, lawyers etc I could get in contact with that would be awesome.
I am Canadian, and my husband is british.
We have contacted agencies in Canada but they have said sorry we can't help unless you move back to Canada.
I have also contacted [url=http://randybarlow.com]American Adoption Professionals Abroad[/url], and they have agreed to do our home study etc for us.
So basically any info you have and are willing to pass along I would very much appreciate any assistance. There is only so much googling can do!
Thanks so much
Jess