Advertisements
Advertisements
So i reside in Indio california and im terrified about this process... I turned in EVERYTHING today. Constent papaers from birthmother, adopt 200,210,215, and the indian heritage papers. I paid $364.00 .... $20 was filing fee and the rest for probation (the investagation) what now? The lady openly said she didnt know to alot of my questions, she said shes never done a step parent adoption and wasnt sure how it worked. Im scared she could have done something wrong! :confused: This seems to easy and its terrifying me. any advice, opinions, success stories in the riverside county or anywhere? Please.
In San Bernardino County, it was a similar process. Paid the $20 filing fee, but our investigation was $700 and it was done by a social worker through the stepparent adoption department. We had an orientation that explained a lot of the process, but most of the time it felt that scary level of easy.
We finalized nearly two months ago and I'm still not completely convinced it really went through haha! I don't think I will believe it until we get the new birth certificate and new SS card.
Advertisements
In San Bernardino County, it was a similar process. Paid the $20 filing fee, but our investigation was $700 and it was done by a social worker through the stepparent adoption department. We had an orientation that explained a lot of the process, but most of the time it felt that scary level of easy.
We finalized nearly two months ago and I'm still not completely convinced it really went through haha! I don't think I will believe it until we get the new birth certificate and new SS card.