Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm extremely lucky in my family support as a single parent. My folks are (unfortunately) about an hour and a half away, but they dote on my little guy, and my mom is retired. Yesterday she picked him up from daycare and is keeping him until tonight, when I will go down for the rest of the weekend. He is quite a creature of routine, and we get up at 6:00 during the week. As a result, he usually wakes up at 5:30 on the weekends (because that's fair of the universe, right?). As a result, I was incredibly excited to have the opportunity to sleep as late as I wanted.
Last night I got take-out from my favorite restaurant and rented a movie. I'm sure you get that as the rockin' good time of a single parent night off, right? I managed to stay up until almost 10:00, then crashed. My plan was to sleep late, bring my coffee and the miniature, single-serve coffee cake I bought last night back to bed to read. So at 5:06, the cat sits on my head, then continues to harass me until I get out of bed!! I briefly rethought having him be an indoor only cat, but he did let me take my breakfast back to bed once I fed and patted him for a bit. By the way, last night, when there was no small child around to scare him into hiding, he chose not to curl up on the couch with me and get patted. (Sigh)
Anyway, just thought I'd bring a laugh to the day for the other single parents out there. By the way, I am spending my "free" day cleaning and organizing the house and planting the garden; doing this with no one coming along behind me to undo it is actually a pretty exciting plan.
Ruth - that's so cute. Enjoy your day, enjoy being with all your family tomorrow. So wonderful, I needed that.
Kind regards,
Dickons
Advertisements
Oh and as I contemplated dating again, within about two hours I was thinking, "but this is SO nice...my favorite food, movie, etc!"
I haven't taken a "night off" yet, but I imagine it will go the same way!! Glad you enjoyed your night and hope your day was great!!
I haven't taken a "night off" yet, either, but I'm sure it would go exactly that way. I have family that love to babysit but I haven't had anyone keep her overnight yet.
Cleaning without having someone go behind you to undo everything sounds like a blast!
Advertisements
It was absolutely amazing, and I do love my folks for it. By the way, I went down to their house on Saturday night. Sunday morning at 4:00 am, the clock radio in the kitchen (which my mom uses just as a radio and still hasn't figured out how to set in at least 10 years) started going off; no one else in the house could hear it where they were. By the time I figured out what it was, went out, and shut it off, I was so awake I couldn't get back to sleep. That would be the day my son slept until after 7:00.