Advertisements
Advertisements
I have a question/concern....my niece lost her two children due to abuse...her and her husband was forced to relinquish their rights. The maternal grandparents ( my borther) were given the opportunity to take them but was unable due to financial reasons. My other brother stepped in and his wife and him adopted the kids. here is my question or concern...since the adoption my sister-in-law refuses to let the maternal grand and greatgrand parents see the kids or even have pics of them. She also will not let us ( the family) have pics of the kids exception if she crops their heads off or pics of their backsides...She says so the kids are protected..but she sends her family pics of the kids and her family gets to see them. Is it right or fair to punish family for what the parents did. I understand her wanting to protect them, but the childrens parents did what they did to them, no one else did, and no one else knew about it...we live some distance apart. She will send the maternal great grandmother pics... with their faces cropped off.....is that fair...is that the norm or is she being a vindictive or overly protective. Do you think she should totally leave the maternal grandparents out the kids life. The maternal grandparents long to see them but my sister-in-law tells them you had ur chance with them and you threw them away. just need some opinions, answers, as to whether this is the norm , Thx
Advertisements
I agree but to avoid "drama" in the family everyone just keeps quiet about it all instead of speaking what they feel to the sister-in-law. I am to the point that she needs to be told but I think she would be vindictive enough to not let anyone know about the kids. my brother is a yes dear man, so getting him to convince her is useless. I feel for my other brother and his wife, they lost a child when she was 4 and now they lost three grandchildren, the daughter had another baby that was taken away too, so the salt just keeps getting poured into their wounds.