Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello! I am a graduate student of Arizona State University in the School of Social Work. I am currently conducting a research study to investigate how international and transracial adoptees manage racism and racial discrimination in their lives and how such incidents impact the development of identity. The study will involve personal interviews with international and transracial adoptees. To participate in the study, adoptees should be at least 18 years of age or older, adopted from another country to the U.S. by parents of a different race/ethnicity, and live in the Metro Phoenix, Arizona area.
It is hoped that the results of this study will contribute to the research and provide insight from the adoptees perspective into how international, transracial adoptees personally cope with racism and discrimination. Furthermore, it is hoped that this research will produce data that will inform the development of preventive interventions for international, transracial adoptees and their families that will eradicate the effects of racism and discrimination and promote their well-being.
Please contact me via this forum if you're interested in participating in the study or have questions and I would be happy to discuss the study further with you. You can also view a formal announcement about the study on my webpage. Just follow this link: [url=http://beyondtwoworlds.com]Beyond Two Worlds | Musings of a Taiwanese-American Adoptee[/url]
Thank you!
I would be interested in research project. I adopted a baby girl in 1990 from Peru and I am a single white woman. She did grow up experience racial stereotypes since I was white. But now she is a new Mom and I am a proud grandma. You can rach me at 602-430-4088 if your interested in our story.
Advertisements