Advertisements
Advertisements
I was born in Elizabeth NJ on 9/7/67, and am looking for birth family. I was given the name of Susan Mary by my birth parent(s)
Thanks
Not sure if you've seen the news - thanks to a new law, NJ adoptees will finally have access to their original birth certificates, starting in 2017.
Yes, that's a 2+ year wait from now, but it's something to keep in mind for the future...
Were you adopted through an agency/private adoption/the state? NJ has a mutual consent registry, but those adopted privately aren't eligible to sign up. If you think it might help you, you can get information from their website here:
[url=http://www.state.nj.us/njfosteradopt/adoption/registry/]State of New Jersey | Department of Children and Families | Adoption Registry[/url]
If you were adopted through an agency, have you requested your non-identifying information from them? That can come in handy to confirm a match down the line, so it's worth getting, if you can.
Good luck in your search!
Advertisements
emerald23
Not sure if you've seen the news - thanks to a new law, NJ adoptees will finally have access to their original birth certificates, starting in 2017.
Yes, that's a 2+ year wait from now, but it's something to keep in mind for the future...
Were you adopted through an agency/private adoption/the state? NJ has a mutual consent registry, but those adopted privately aren't eligible to sign up. If you think it might help you, you can get information from their website here:
[url=http://www.state.nj.us/njfosteradopt/adoption/registry/]State of New Jersey | Department of Children and Families | Adoption Registry[/url]
If you were adopted through an agency, have you requested your non-identifying information from them? That can come in handy to confirm a match down the line, so it's worth getting, if you can.
Good luck in your search!
That's good to know! I knew a law was in the works but thought Christie vetoed it.
I was adopted through Catholic Charities, about 4 months after I was born. I guess that makes it a private adoption.
Thanks for the info.
Sue
I am trying to help my father in law find his sister that was given up for adoption. I know it was most likely in the 1960's it was in Passaic NJ, it was through Catholic Charities. Birth mom's name is Florence and her maiden name was Ewasko, her married name was Filipak and now it's Gyori. Some of your information is similar, so figured I'd reach out. My email is ChristyNichole07@aol.com