Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I "graduated" from our TIPPS-MAPP class last night! We started in November and had many delays... Christmas break and then 4 straight weeks of class being cancelled due to bad winter weather (the weather in CT has been a bit crazy so far this year). So our 13 weeks of classes took 5 months to actually complete. We were supposed to have our CPR certification class last week, but it was cancelled and they're rescheduling it for sometime this month, but after that we'll just be waiting to be licensed. (Our final walk-through and home visit with our licensing SW is next Tuesday, but that will be a breeze. We didn't have much to else to do to prep our house.) They have to license us by June 23rd, based on when we signed our application in December, so there is finally light at the end of this particular tunnel. :banana:
(And then on to the next one.)
Advertisements
We started our journey with
Informational meeting 9/17/2014
Pride Class October - December 2014
Application Submitted 12/2014
Home Study January - March 2015 (7 visits)
Certified 3/27/2015
First Placement 4/4/2015 Siblings 1 & 7
2 days later the children are gone...they were from out of county and the home county came and took them back. The kicker is the kids went to a shelter and then will be placed in another county because the county is so small they have no in county homes.
We are broken hearted because we could and would have kept them even forever but had no say. The hardest thing was to put the baby in his car seat and walk away. I wish the kids would come first.
Our preferences is technically girls 4-10 and siblings. Think about stretching the ages we did and what an amazing 2 days we had....long enough to fall in love.
Wishing you all the best.
We started our journey with
Informational meeting 9/17/2014
Pride Class October - December 2014
Application Submitted 12/2014
Home Study January - March 2015 (7 visits)
Certified 3/27/2015
First Placement 4/4/2015 Siblings 1 & 7
2 days later the children are gone...they were from out of county and the home county came and took them back. The kicker is the kids went to a shelter and then will be placed in another county because the county is so small they have no in county homes.
We are broken hearted because we could and would have kept them even forever but had no say. The hardest thing was to put the baby in his car seat and walk away. I wish the kids would come first.
Our preferences is technically girls 4-10 and siblings. Think about stretching the ages we did and what an amazing 2 days we had....long enough to fall in love.
Wishing you all the best.
Well, we received mail from DCBS that addressed us as foster parents, and invited us to trainings, a foster parent appreciation picnic, and a scavenger hunt for the kiddies, but still no word on our license...
The handwriting on the envelope did seem to belong to our licensing worker though, as the scavenger hunt is in memory of her late husband. Its something, I'll take it!
Finally heard that we are approved. Have an appointment next Friday with lisencing worker for idk what, but who cares we are approved!
Advertisements
Finally heard that we are approved. Have an appointment next Friday with lisencing worker for idk what, but who cares we are approved!
YAY!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: I am so happy for you!
We were told we were 'on the list' a month ago, but no calls yet. However, we received our certificate in the mail yesterday so that makes me feel all official. :eyebrows:
Also, our worker called and said she needed copies of our drivers' license and auto insurance (I'm certain they already have them!) and that we should be getting a call soon. :confused: Does she know something I don't? or is she merely trying to be encouraging? LOL! Whatever. I'm at the place where I doubt we'll get a placement ever, and therefore it was all a waste of time n money. But hey at least we tried, right?!:arrow:
((Yes I am rather cynical at this point.))
Hey guys! We finally received our first call!! :banana: Sadly it was out of our perimeters, and I had to say no. :( I could hardly get the words out, lol! I just hope I dont have to wait another 2 months for the next call. :rolleyes:
I keep watching to see when you get calls and stuff, I think we began our process a couple weeks apart. Do you mind sharing your parameters on here? Our are pretty broad, but will probably shorten after we get some exposure to situations. I figure the best way to learn is by doing. How much info did they offer to help you make your decision? I'm curious as to how it all goes down. you can pm me if you want.
Advertisements
We are licensed for two, but were wanting to start with just one, preferably ages 0-3. But the first call was for a sibling group infant and 2 yr old. The thing is - we already have a bio 2 yr old. :) I declined but felt so bad (and really wanted them!) so we talked some more and I think if I get a call for two littles again I will prob say yes. ;) They just said ages/gender. Nothing else, although they may have, had I pursued it further. I'm still kicking myself for saying no. I think we could have handled it ok. :arrow:
(I put my parameters here too, for anyone else reading this thread. :) )
My wife and I are starting the process to adopt from foster care. Missouri requires you to become licensed foster parents before you can adopt so we are currently waiting for the next set of STARS classes to start and according to our social worker it'll probably be fall before she has enough families to start classes.
We are hoping to adopt a sibling group of 2-3 under the age of 8 so we will see how it goes. Hopefully we are able to start classes in a nearby county to get the process moving!
Hi all! :)
My husband and I competed our home licensing inspection/home study on August 4th and our house passed! We will be licensed for two children and our preferences were ares newborn-5, welcoming special needs as well and siblings. We are now waiting for our license to come in the mail "within a month or two." We were also told that once the paperwork is handed in and approved, we could get a placement call from our case worker before our physical license actually arrives in the mail, as we would technically be licensed! It's so exciting, and I guess we could technically get a call at any point in that case, so we're waiting! :)
Patiently waiting and so excited to be at this point in the process! Good luck to all of you as well! :)
Advertisements
Hello I am a single woman and i finished my home study September 14 2015 and was licensed on September 21 2014. I got my first placement on October 13th 2015 which at that time felt like forever... Good luck to everyone on their first placement!!!!
Hi everyone -
Haven't seen too much activity on this thread recently - hoping that means everyone is busy with placements! We are currently starting to get our foster license so that the child we are matched and visiting with can move home :)
Anyway, figured I would pop in and say Hi!