Advertisements
Advertisements
My entire life I wondered who my birth mom was. I wondered if she ever thought of me like I thought of her. I had very little information about my birth mom when I started my search for her. I had her maiden name and the name she gave me at birth. All of my adoption records were sealed and the court wouldn't grant me access to them. For years I searched without finding answers.
At 35 years old I almost gave up looking. I came across a private investigator who specializes in adoption cases. I contacted her and gave her what little information I had. A week later she emailed me all the information I needed to contact my birth mom.
For two weeks I debated back and forth on whether or not I should contact my mom. The PI called me and asked if I did yet. I told her no. She offered to make the initial phone call to her for me. After she spoke to her she called me to tell me the great news that my mom was so happy I found her.
My birth mom now has an active and important role in me and my daughters life. I also have my sister in my life. She isn't "birth mom" anymore....she's simply "my mom".
I finally feel at peace knowing all the answers to the questions that haunted me my entire life. Not only do I have my answers I also have my mom.
That's wonderful. :)
Though it sounds less like an "ending" and more like a "to be continued...."
(Which is what makes it wonderful, I think.)
I hope your reunion continues to bring joy to your life!
Advertisements
Im so happy for you. Emerald Is right, I think this one is to be continued or waiting for another chapter to be unfolded, itҒs your decision if this one will be a happy ending or not.