Advertisements
Advertisements
Does anyone know when this agency closed, and what happened to all its records? I know it was open in 1994/5, because I wrote them and heard back. I wasn't 18 yet, though, so they told me nothing. I put off searching for years, though, and when I tried again in 2009 or 2010, I got nothing. I did call the phone number on their old letterhead, and they are gone. The woman who answered (I think it's still a business line) had obviously received other calls and was kind. All she could tell me was that they've closed.
I'm in partial reunion at this point, but there are some odd discrepancies in the paperwork I have that I'd like to clear up if possible.
Advertisements
Did you ever find an answer to this. I'm trying to find my half brother who was adopted through there, and I don't know how to get any information from them.
Colleen -- No, I'm sorry. I never did find out where the records went from this agency, although the state of Illinois should have them somewhere. In theory. I ended up using a private search angel to locate my biological family, not the state. I hope you find your brother.