Advertisements
Advertisements
In 2012, my daughter was told by a cps case worker that if my granddaughter wasn't placed with me the state would take her due to drug abuse, domestic violence and unfit home. A year ago this same case worker told me that if I didn't get guardianship of my granddaughter the state would take her. I did, now I'm wanting to adopt her but the county attorney says I can't get adoption subsidy. A friend of mine had the same circumstances with her granddaughter except the granddaughter was six months old and had drugs in her system. She has guardianship subsidy. Neither child was placed by cps but in a sense was. How can I get some help from the state? I am retired and only getting 722.00 ssi/ssd. I can't get tanf as that ran out on my first granddaughter. Please help.
I It seems like CPS has to be involved in order to get subsidy. If that is the case, I would contact CPS. Although maybe that's a gamble that they'd move her to a foster home.... If you can get your foster care license, I would recommend going that route. Otherwise, I'd contact the subsidy office and ask for help. They can recommend programs and services that may be available to you, and may be able to get you guardianship subsidy if you do in fact qualify.
Advertisements
Unfortunately I know what you mean we are waiting for two from Kinship that CPS said something similar, however we made the decision that it was better to initially let the kids go into foster care so that they could keep their health benefits once they come to us because of high medical need it would have been really hard to get proper care without help