Advertisements
Advertisements
I recently got approved thru the courts to have my file opened. I have had no contact from the court appointed person, I have contacted twice. I paid $300.00 dollars for this service. Thru Child and Family Services of Michigan, Inc. Is this normal? I started this process in March thru the courts and spoke with her the beginning of June. Is there only one in Michigan?'
Thanks,
Becky
This process does take time. Usually several months. Many state laws have designated how much time the intermediary has ONCE they start the search, some allow them a process to request extra time from the courts if they havent been able to complete the search with in that time frame, some state intermediaries donҒt start the clock until they have cashed the check. There usually is a back log and yes she may be the only one or one of just a few. It would have been nice for her to have let you know how long to expect it to take when you talked with her in June.
loveybec
I recently got approved thru the courts to have my file opened. I have had no contact from the court appointed person, I have contacted twice. I paid $300.00 dollars for this service. Thru Child and Family Services of Michigan, Inc. Is this normal? I started this process in March thru the courts and spoke with her the beginning of June. Is there only one in Michigan?'
Thanks,
Becky
Advertisements
Thank you for that information. My check was cashed for over a month now. I even sent her all of my non identifying information to speed the process along. Oh well, I have waited this long.
Peace and Happiness,
Becky
Thank you for that information. My check was cashed for over a month now. I even sent her all of my non identifying information to speed the process along. Oh well, I have waited this long.
Peace and Happiness,
Becky