Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I will be starting foster to adopt classes and our home study next month. I am just curious as to what questions everyone has been asked. I understand that they will ask pretty much anything and everything and I am not afraid to share, more just curious as to what kind of stuff they are looking for. My husband and I, although only married 2 years, have a very strong relationship and we are stable financially and could definitely provide a stable home. We both have experience working with traumatized/special needs children. What are some of the questions you were asked during home study?
They ask everything, but not anything hard. They ask about your upbringing. Traumas in your life. Your marriage, etc. they run checks on your criminal record, and other child are type checks. You have to provide last year's tax return. They get references. And they use it all to type a home study. Good luck!
Advertisements
Yep like the previous poster said it's mainly financial. There is literally a "book" of paperwork that gets filled out. They'll want you tax returns, your paycheck stubs, copies of your homeowners insurance, car insurance, drivers licenses, you'll need to create a safety exit map of your home and you'll need a 5lb fire extinguisher, you're home will need to be baby proofed, outlet covers, chemical locks etc. They'll need 5 references from each of you and work references on both. They'll do the criminal back ground checks locally and federally, you get finger printed. You'll need up to date physicals for everyone in the house. Its a lot but can be done fairly quickly if your organized and prepared in advance. I wish someone would have given me a list ahead of time. Good luck and congrats. It's a wild ride but sooooo worth it!