Advertisements
Advertisements
Just wondering if anyone has experience with other foster families whom agree to take siblings in a large age range only to disrupts the older children and keep the younger ones? Not a disruption because of safety reasons or not a good fit for child/family .I mean intentionally taking in siblings to get younger children then later coming up with a" concerning "reason to get older children moved and keep the little's.
Advertisements
Not me but 2 little ones have a sister and brother. They were with family who only wanted the sister (don't know why). They didn't get her. All 3 (mine plus the sister) were in 2 other homes. When I got the call, I would have taken the sister but I didn't have room. I think they try to keep siblings together if at all possible.
I wouldn't be surprised. From what I hear...if there is a sibling group they sometimes only want the younger children. The system prefers to keep the whole group together. I wouldn't be surprised if people agree to take all and then return the older ones thinking they can always keep the little ones. I have heard people say they come and take all which upsets them but...unless there is a real reason to not keep the kids together....
Where I am, they remove all the kids into a new home that will take the older and younger together.