Advertisements
Advertisements
So last week I noticed 2 yr old FD's feet were peeling and looked a little nasty so I thought perhaps it was from wearing flip flops, going barefoot, & just summer feet. I started putting lotion on her feet at night with socks on & she has mostly been wearing shoes & socks. Today when I was putting lotion on them I thought.... Oh my maybe its athlete's foot:eek: I don't know if it is normal for children that young to get it. Anyone have any experience there? My guess is maybe when her Bio's took her to the splash park a few weeks ago she picked up something nasty. I'm going to call the Dr. tomorrow, but what do you do with their shoes? Do you have to treat all of them or am I overthinking this? Crazy thing is I remember thinking " she will probably pick up something nasty at the splash park". I am not a fan of these places for many various reasons & this being one of them. Who knows she might have picked it up somewhere else, but I'm usually careful to keep her shoes on her when in public. Her feet don't look like they are getting better with the lotion so I'm guessing its not just normal summer feet. She has not acted like they hurt or itched. Any experience anyone?
Just throwing this out there..my 2 little ones had Hand, Foot and Mouth this summer and their feet had most of the blisters. Once everything cleared up their feet began to peel, bad. My AS even lost a toe nail b/c there were so many blisters! Their pedi said he has been seeing it all summer and that it was "normal" for all this peeling. I don't know if this helps...
Advertisements
babeeberry
Just throwing this out there..my 2 little ones had Hand, Foot and Mouth this summer and their feet had most of the blisters. Once everything cleared up their feet began to peel, bad. My AS even lost a toe nail b/c there were so many blisters! Their pedi said he has been seeing it all summer and that it was "normal" for all this peeling. I don't know if this helps...
I was thinking the same thing--either hand,foot, mouth or athletes feet. With hand, feet, mouth there are red circular blisters that look like dots
Just another possibility....my toddler had peeling toes and red, dry itchy feet on both tops and bottoms. LO has eczema so didnt alarm me much. When I showed to the pedi at a well-check she said it was likely an allergy to shoes and has seen this before. Told me to start keeping her in socks, change her shoes, and apply her eczema cream. That did the trick for my LO!
and I agree...if its athlete's foot an anti-fungal will show improvement pretty quick while other efforts wont.
Dearest friends,
I am posting on my sister's page. Oh, where to start...she, along with her husband and 2 boys were killed in an auto accident on October 3rd. The devastation is unimaginable, she was literally my best friend. We were all so close. Our family owns a small business, she worked 2 days a week and would use this computer to get on this site. Today, while doing a search, this site popped up, so here I am. I could go on for days bragging on my precious family, they were truly united in serving God and others. Her husband was a youth pastor and she served right along side of him. The boys, well they were growing into such fine godly young men. I noticed that she was not truthful in listing her location nor her name. It made me laugh, you just had to know her, I've never known someone so truthful and trustworthy. I realize she did this to protect not only her family but also the beautiful foster children they loved so. Please, if you have a moment, google Cruce family Paducah KY. You will see pictures and articles of them. I am so very proud of how they chose to live their lives. I ask for your prayers for our family as we face the future here without them. I have confidence, because of my decision to accept Jesus as my savior, that one day I will be reunited with them! Blessings to all of you, thank you so much for the love that you are giving the abused, forgotten and helpless children!
Sincerely,
Heather Reid
Advertisements
OMG Heather I am so sorry to read this about Ms Minnie ( my own created nickname ). I so hate to read this : ( blessings and prayers to you and your family .. Your sister and bro in law and their dear sons are safe in heaven . Please again accept my condolences ; I'm somewhat stunned
Heather Reid- Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of what has happened. Like many others who post on this forum, I never met your sister or her family and only knew her from her posts. I googled them as you said and they certainly seemed to be a lovely family dedicated to God and their church. I am very sorry for the loss of your sister and her family. Peace be with you---Tygerlilyzz
OMG!!!
Heather, may God comfort you in this truly difficult time. Losing a sister...I have no words, but I empathize. I've been there, but losing the entire family...I'm so sorry.
OMG!!!
Heather, may God comfort you in this truly difficult time. Losing a sister...I have no words, but I empathize. I've been there, but losing the entire family...I'm so sorry.
Advertisements
Dear Heather.......So sad to hear this news! I can't begin to imagine what you are going through...... sending prayers to your family.
Oh, Heather. I read this earlier tonight and was so taken aback that I had no words then. It literally left me breathless.
I am so sorry for your loss. It is beyond tragic. You and your family are in my prayers.
Advertisements
Heather,
So, so sorry for your loss.
Happy that you will be reunited one day, but I know that the wait is very hard.
Many of us change names/details. It's a pretty big deal to protect these kids' privacy, and prevent any possible issues with their bio families.
Again, very sorry. I cried when I read the news articles.
Splat
My son also likes to walk barefoot, especially he never wears socks on the bed. Later I saw customized socks on the Internet, and I chose Ultraman as a photo to custom two pairs of socks for him. Now he likes to wear them. You can also try at myfacesocks.eu
Last update on January 10, 10:21 pm by myface sockseu.