Advertisements
Advertisements
Hey there,
My wife and I have been trying to adopt for some time, and purely by chance a co-worker has a young relative who is pregnant and wants to adopt her baby. As of right now she is very interested in a direct adoption to us and so I am trying to gather information on what that entails.
We have been a TXDFPS approved foster and adoption home for several years, so are familiar and in compliance with all the minimum standards and home-study needs, but I am looking for someone with experience of the actual independent adoption process.
Can we do it without lawyers? What should we expect? How much will it cost? Things like that.
If anyone has any real direct experience with this and would be willing to have a chat with us about it, I would VERY much appreciate any insight or advice.
We can certainly support the child, but obviously the less we have to spend on inspections and legal fees the better.
Thanks all.
We did private adoption in Montgomery County. I don't think you can do it without an attorney. Even if you can, don't. You need to make sure every t is crossed and i dotted in adoption.
Advertisements