Advertisements
Advertisements
So hello everyone, I am new to anything like this and it is the first time I have tried to connect to people that were also adopted. I am in my mid twenties and was adopted into a multiracial home. We like to think of ourselves as the original brad and angelina family! Anyways I myself am African American, and the family I was taken into are Italian-American, I have an asian brother, a white brother, and another afro american sister. I have always identified more with my families culture. As a child we grew up in a culdesac, I went to predominantly white schools before being home schooled and we all had many great opportunities. When it was time for me to move out and go to college I faced horrible prejudice because I didn't "act" black" I didn't listen to hard rap, I dated (and married) white men. People told me I was racist. I knew this couldn't be true.
I am now finishing my masters and I am writing a thesis paper on children taken into multiracial homes and how we identify. If any one would be interested in helping me out with that, feel free to share your story and send me a message.
Always here to be a friend and never judge
Hi Taew,
Welcome to the forum, very few active adoptee posters here. The only transracial adoptee on the forum that I can think of is Rachel and she'd be closer in age to you than to me, but she hasn't stopped by for a while. It also happens though that when someone mentions her she shows up so...there may be others that just escape my mind...
Good luck,
Dickons
Advertisements