Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding the foster home license. My mom and I are fostering together in which I will be the one to adopt.
My question is regarding the continuing education hours needed each year to keep license active for home.
We are in Riverside County in California.
I know we need 10 hours.
My question is, is the 10 hours per person, or per household?
My mom applied for foster several months before I did, but since she lives with me, I was able to get caught up and so both of us have completed everything, just waiting for the placement phone call :)
But on the foster home license we received, only her name is on it even though both applied and completed everything. So is she the only one who needs the continuing education hours to keep license active, or do I need it too, or does it matter? Can she go to like 1-2 classes (each are about 3 hours), and then I go to the other 2 so (so one of us will be here at all times if kids are placed before classes)?
Thanks.
Advertisements
Both of you would need to stay updated on all hours required. I would also follow up as to why your name is not on the license. That may or may not be a red flag.
It doesn't sound as if you are licensed, only your mother. It sounds like you are listed as a co-habitant. You might want to check on this with licensing because, in our county, only your mother would need the hours. You want to make sure you are on the license as well unless only your mother is going to be adopting.
Thanks you guys, we are both licensed and county is aware of it. It is just the name on the license that you have to hang on a wall near the phone.
Both of us are licensed for foster. I am the one adopting though. My mom is licensed as foster parent because it would be easier when I am unavailable for certain things such as doctors appointments or picking up for school....my county is very strict on that part on who picks up the foster children and takes them places. So that was the reasoning for both of use becoming licensed instead of just me.
Contacted the county, they said it should be fine. Apparently it is very common for state to just put one name on the wall one.....depends on the person filling out the license. So we are fine for that.
But the county said to contact the state or our analyst about the hours (I guess the main person who works with foster and adoption doesnt know for whatever reason). So we plan to call next week just to be sure. We are pretty sure it is still 10 hours, looks like 8 of them can be done through videos and such. License doesnt expire until July 2015, so we still have time, just wanted to get it over with to prevent expiration.
:)
We are in the process of classes in Santa Clara so still learning. I would be sure what process your county is using now. In SCC they just moved 5/2014 to a certification process that is fast tracked and you are approved for both foster and adoption when you are done. So they are still working out the details for the whole process with previously licensed and new certified.
Advertisements