Advertisements
Advertisements
Good day my name is PheNixx
As I have been reading the various forms, which has been so helpful. I would like to put my story out there after wondering should I or should I not not seek out my birth bloodline.
I was abandon at birth and left in a public park. Discovered my three girls, than later taken to the police department. (Always wondered if one of those three girls was the biological).
Nevertheless, I have been so angry, sad, depressed, and yet thankful for my (adoptive family). I have experience so many emotions that I wondered was it normal, (whatever normal is considered to be).:eek:
Coming here is a place I found to be a vital tool of expression and has helped me to understand my own feelings too.
As a adoptee that was abandon and just left in a public park is the source of my greatest pain. I understand the many facets that can lead to a birth mother giving her child up...I get that part. But to place that child in a atmosphere that is not indusive to that child's survival, is like saying (I don't care if you survive or not). :mad:
Welcome phenixx :-)
Your story is definitely one of the most unique I've heard.
I can understand why you feel the way you do. To play devil's advocate, Safe Haven laws are still very new. They likely did not exist back when you were an infant, which left mothers hiding their pregnancies few options. Even using an agency takes time and is quite public and if your mother was young (a teenager) she may have not known she could sign legal papers at her age (since the general belief is that minors cannot sign anything, ever). That's not to say what your mother did was right and it certainly wasn't fair to you, nor to say that you're wrong in your feelings, simply to play advocate about what might have pushed your mother to do what she did. In lieu of Save Haven, she may well have thought a public park was the next best thing. It sounds crazy, but I've done a lot of peer counselling of young, scared pregnant girls and I understand how they think. A park is a busy place where someone is guaranteed to come by soon.
That said, it doesn't detract from your right to feel how you do about it all.
Have you ever thought about trying to search so you could possibly have some answers? It's not out of the realm of possibility and the uniqueness of your past might actually help you find someone faster, since you're not just baby #948387 out of agency #24882 in the country.
Advertisements
Hi Phenixx01,
You might find this video interesting about a young UK chap who was abandoned as an infant at Gatwick airport and his journey to find out more about his origins:
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=808o55HgSG4[/url]