Advertisements
Advertisements
Haven't posted here in a few years, so thought I'd put in a new post -
white male child, born 4/12/1970, in Indiana (city: unknown).
I was born with a tumor on my right torso (rib cage), which would have appeared as a golf-ball sized "bump" under the skin (removed when I was 2 years old).
After having been jerked around by the associate they were working with from the Indiana state adoption agency, my adoptive parents were frustrated and had all but given up on adopting via that route: they were promised upcoming children, but then those children would end up being placed with other couples/families, instead. This happened several times.
My adoptive parents were shocked when they received a phone call from this associate, asking them to meet her in Rochester, Indiana, so she could give me to them. This would have been on April 15th or 16th in 1970 (I was 3-4 days old).
It was very rush-rush, and eventually my adoptive mother's theory was that I had been promised to someone else, but when I was born with a tumor, they backed out at the last minute, so the associate gave me to my adoptive parents, by default. My adoptive parents were thrilled, tumor or not.
At one time, my adoptive parents had my original baby-tag from the hospital, and a copy of my original birth certificate. Unfortunately, through my adoptive parent's eventual divorce, and the passing of many years, both have been lost. I do remember some information from the original birth certificate: Mother: 17, unwed. Father: Unknown. I seem to also recall that my birth mother's first and last names began with the same letter- Can't remember which one, something like, S____ S_____ or M____ M____. Not a lot to go on, I know.
I know that listing "father unknown" was standard-operating procedure back then, even if the father was "known", so as to protect the father. In my case, I don't know which is true.
Not truly sure if I would actually want to meet her/them in-person after all these years. However, I am nearly 45 years old, and it might be nice to know what kind of potential health-issues might be in my future.
It would also be interesting to know if I have blood-siblings out there. Since I was a little kid, I have regularly been told by (adoptive) family, friends, even relative-strangers, that they were out and about somewhere when they thought they'd seen me. Not until they spoke or got fairly close to that person did they realize it wasn't me after all. Guess I have one of "those" faces.
If you have questions, feel free to hit me up!