Advertisements
Advertisements
We are beginning to look into adoption and wish to adopt from Korea. So far the only International adoption agency we can find is Holt International. Any experiences with this agency? Are there any smaller agencies to go through? This will be our first child and our first adoption. :love: We are looking to adopt an infant. Please PM me with any information!
Korea is the only country where you must use an agency licensed in your state of residence, unless you are doing a special needs adoption. In most cases, a state will have no more than three agencies with Korea programs, and some will have none.
As I understand it, Holt was the first U.S. agency to have a Korea program; it was started well over 50 years ago. In fact, the founders, Bertha and Harry Holt, actually had to get an act of Congress passed in order to bring the first children home, for their own family. Although it accepts families of all faiths, Bertha and Harry were devout Christians, with an evangelical perspective, and the organization's literature has a somewhat "churchy" tone, which some families love and some don't.
Advertisements
Korea is the only country where you must use an agency licensed in your state of residence, unless you are doing a special needs adoption. In most cases, a state will have no more than three agencies with Korea programs, and some will have none.
As I understand it, Holt was the first U.S. agency to have a Korea program; it was started well over 50 years ago. In fact, the founders, Bertha and Harry Holt, actually had to get an act of Congress passed in order to bring the first children home, for their own family. Although it accepts families of all faiths, Bertha and Harry were devout Christians, with an evangelical perspective, and the organization's literature has a somewhat "churchy" tone, which some families love and some don't.