Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all!
I'm new here after reading SO many forum posts; I figured it was time!
My husband and I have been married 2.5 years, he's 23, I'm almost 24, so we're still young. However, adoption is something we're praying about and talking about. We plan to have biological children as well, Lord willing, but don't have a particular order in mind. We would like to have children in about three years.
Here's my question: when did y'all go to your first informational meeting? I know adoption can take years, which I'm almost thankful for, so we have plenty of time to prepare.The agency in our small town, which I'd like to go through when the time comes, is having an informational meeting in a couple weeks.
Is it weird of us to go if it's simply on our radar? My husband is neither here nor there on adoption, and says it's simply because he has so little exposure to it. I feel like it would be a good start for him, but don't want to be the wishy washy, maybe now, maybe later couple there.
I don't know. For those who have gone, what was your experience? When did you go in your adoption journey?
Thanks!!
Cameo
My advice is... Go! I went to several agency info meetings, requested info packets, and posted on forums for years before I adopted. It made me more comfortable when the time came that I knew what questions to ask and what I was looking for from an agency.
Advertisements
Waverly10,
Thank you for your response! I so needed it. I sometimes feel crazy for lurking around when in reality, I'm probably 2+ years out from this. I just want to soak all the information up!
Blessings!
Cameo
Waverly10,
Thank you for your response! I so needed it. I sometimes feel crazy for lurking around when in reality, I'm probably 2+ years out from this. I just want to soak all the information up!
Blessings!
Cameo
Hi! My husband and I are in the exact situation you guys are in, but i see this was posted in November. I'm wondering if you ever went to a meeting and if it was helpful? We have bought some books and are trying to gather as much info about it as possible. Has there been anything thats helped you guys in your decision?
Thanks,
Rachel