Advertisements
Advertisements
Flying into the airport I am filled with fear, hope and anxiety. Its too late now to change my mind. Will I know for certain if they are really my family? IҒm 30 years old and I am just now meeting my real siblings, and real Dad. It doesnt feel normal. But what is normal? ҅I have no idea what I am getting myself into.
The city lights from the window look like an endless plane of stars, and Im on a straight path to enter their realm. I really have no choice at this point. They are here, all of them. They always have been RIGHT here. Walking off the plane I see my sisters waiting for me. IҒm feeling so awkward that I cant even find my footing. I default to action mode and now IҒm suspended into a series of events: Go for a drink. Small talk. I can do this. Quick dinner. Hotel. Sleep. Dressed. Just follow the path and connect the dots and you Will make it to the picture. Greetings. Get to know of you. Jokes. Almost done. Keep it together, dont loose your face.
ItҒs the night before Im to board my plane home. IҒm almost done now. Feeling like I can finally relax and let my guard down a little . I sit around a table of my siblings talking and listening to stories when it hits me. I connect to them. In such a way it could only be divine. I felt something so perfect, so seamless, it could only have been created by God. But God? Thats not like me to believe in such things. This is totally out of Character for me, the self proclaimed Atheist of the past 15 years. IҒve called more than my fair share of Christians, at this point in my life, mindless sheepђ.
Its in this moment, right here and then that I first felt God and his awesome power. A power so vast and complex, it brought me to my knees. I cannot describe the feeling any further than this, because I donҒt think my human brain really has the capacity. But when I felt this, it became truth. My eyes became open. My heart became full. This moment started a new chapter of my life. And from here, things only got better.
Fantastically honest and well written post Lynn, and thanks for sharing..!! It sounds like you are experiencing the first stage of reunion with that amazing euphoric sense of connection.
Not to put a dampener on things but I guess you have done some research on the different stages of reunion? Please don’t feel disappointed if that exhilarating feeling is not sustainable. If you keep your feet on the ground and be aware that everyone in your reunion is having an extraordinary human experience and may make mistakes in communication, you will be well equipped to navigate the sometimes rocky path of reunion. All the best for your journey.. enjoy!
Advertisements
Fantastically honest and well written post Lynn, and thanks for sharing..!! It sounds like you are experiencing the first stage of reunion with that amazing euphoric sense of connection.
Not to put a dampener on things but I guess you have done some research on the different stages of reunion? Please dont feel disappointed if that exhilarating feeling is not sustainable. If you keep your feet on the ground and be aware that everyone in your reunion is having an extraordinary human experience and may make mistakes in communication, you will be well equipped to navigate the sometimes rocky path of reunion. All the best for your journey.. enjoy!