Advertisements
Advertisements
I had two foster kids for seven months and then they went home four months ago? I found out that they were just put back in foster care and they are going to adoption. My husband and I fail madly in love with these kids, but we are full. As soon as we heard we started to switch agencies to become a group home, are the new agency said they have no problem with us getting them. Cps has not given us a strait answer. Any idea what are chances are?
I would think the biggest issue is the time that is passing in the meantime. Obviously the other foster family is building a relationship with them. There is also kin to consider. And then how your relationship with the dept was the last time and as you go through this situation this time. My kids' former foster kids desperately wanted the kids back and CPS wouldn't even consider it because of how they advocated for the kids the case prior. Stinks, but....
Can you contact the children's lawyer? CASA?
Advertisements
I would think the biggest issue is the time that is passing in the meantime. Obviously the other foster family is building a relationship with them. There is also kin to consider. And then how your relationship with the dept was the last time and as you go through this situation this time. My kids' former foster kids desperately wanted the kids back and CPS wouldn't even consider it because of how they advocated for the kids the case prior. Stinks, but....
Can you contact the children's lawyer? CASA?
In NJ when kids go back into care they always call the last foster parents that had them to ask if they want them back and if they do, they allow it, even if they are full. Too bad TX doesn't have the same rules. I think it would be better for the kids.
They often do, but it isn't a given, esp if there is reason not to (and reasons could be minor or petty if they want them to be).