Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone. I joined this forum a few years ago, and received so much support and help during the most difficult times following my son's adoption. I no longer have access to the old account since I forgot my log-in info, but I am back and searching for support in a new way.
My name is Hillary Jones. I am a photographer based in South Florida, where I am studying to earn my Master of Fine Arts degree. I am also a birthmother. During the 6 years since I placed my son for adoption I have received overwhelming support, love and acceptance from family, friends and even the occasional stranger but I have also faced a fair amount of disdain and insults regarding what some would call my œselfish decision.
I am finally in a strong enough place, emotionally and mentally, to begin a project I have been thinking about for quite some time. My goal is to create a series of photographs that will explore not only my own experience of being a birthmother, but the experiences and stories of birthmothers around the world. I have a fierce desire to show the world what it means to be a birthmother, and the strength and love that is required to make such a decision.
I am searching for birthmothers of all ages who are willing to participate in my documentary. I want to photograph each woman in her home, or an environment where she is most comfortable, and simply have a conversation about her experience of placing a child for adoption. If you are a birthmother who would like to contribute but wish to keep your identity anonymous, I can photograph you in such a way that your face, or any identifying features are hidden. As I said, I am searching for any and all women who wish to be a part of the series. It doesnԒt matter how old you were when the adoption took place, how many children you have (or dont have) now, or how out-of-the-ordinary your story may be.
Anyone interested can reply to this thread, or if you wish to contact me by email- hillary.jones.unf@gmail.com
If you would like to have a phone conversation, simply email me and we can set that up.