Advertisements
Advertisements
So I'll start by letting you all know that I am a newbie! I'm not as savvy as some of you ladies with all the lingo! Bare with me! Anyhow lets get down to business! I am fostering two boys with Cystic fibrosis, I have known them for years and the bio mother recommended me for placement. I accepted, knowing they have CF, and asthma. Took them for their required check up and all was well. We have monthly checkups at the specialty clinic in Phoenix and they have improved by 5% in less than 6 months. Not a milestone to me, at least so I thought. Dr has corrected me, said its awesome. I agree any improvement is wonderful! Long story short they are both due for a "bronc". ( they go in and suck yuckies from lungs and test it) Little guy had his, all was great! 12 yr FS has his today, as soon as we checked in they rushed us to room and said we were in isolation due to his MRSA a. uh?! Huh?! Nurse says " honey, did you not know?" Well....as a matter of fact NO! With CF come a few other nasty bugs that like CF peeps, we have pseudomonas, entovirus of all different types...which I will mention I have a two year old who has had a new entovirus each month the FS have been with us. So back to MRSA.....can someone help me into not being completely upset and freaked out that CPS nor any dr has made me aware?? I am a clean freak anyways, bleach on anything and everything yards yada.....but with CF comes....lots, and I repeat LOTS of coughing.....neither FS understand how important covering your mouth and use a tissues and again...yada yada yada is. Someone please help me out here. The other contagious illnesses were enough to pretty much have my family shun us to coming to family functions and what not. My dad has cancer and ugh the list goes on, we love the boys like our own naturally. Cps is talking adoption or long term placement. Ok enough I know lol someone calm me down! I also posted this in special needs, I am just stressed and figured I'd post here too! Thanks ladies!:hissy:
Hi,
Not an expert on CF and certainly have no words for you regarding CPS not telling you about the MRSA.
What I do know is that 1 out of 3 folks, if nose swabbed, would test positive for MRSA. And lots of CF kids, due to the amount of exposure in the hospital, test positive. The good news? Most healthy adults and children, who aren't infants, are at minimal risk for developing any kind of MRSA infection. Older people, newborns, and sadly people with compromised immune systems, are much more likely to develop complications.
No words of advice except to just use universal precautions. It's a pain, but very effective. Hang in there. :arrow:
Advertisements