Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone!
My husband & I deeply want to adopt again! We don't want to go the same route as our first adoption due to the high costs... Yes, I have been doing a lot of research and I have come to this conclusion: we do not want to go the foster adopt route, we want to have a reasonable budget 20-25k (total), interested in a local agency, attorney, facilitators and mostly just want to have a smooth adoption.
So my question: Does anyone have recommendations of any adoption professionals in the Los Angeles / California area? There is so much info out there online, I am a a little overwhelmed.
Backstory: We adopted our daughter in 2012. Decided to adopt on xmas day 2011, signed with attorney (contact through a closes friend) in jan 2012, met birth family feb 2012, matched march 2012, baby born June 2012, Finalized Dec 2012!
Everything happened so fast and we were so nave.I know we did not pay the most, but 45k is still a lot and we were not prepared for that. Our lawyer did not mesh well with us either, but some (not all) of his staff was great!
Sorry for rambling! Thank in advance for any help!