Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all, very new to this process and am really not sure of anything, still working on finding our way from infertility to adoption. We are both 40 and have been through several years of infertility treatments.
We are starting the process of building a profile and was talking to a photographer friend about doing pictures for our portfolio. She advised me to have my husband shave his beard before the photos (!!!) My husband has a glorious beard (not wild or bushy but longish, goatee style kinda). I am very reluctant to take her advice. She said the beard might be offputting to some people, that people like clean shaven men. This is not my husband, just a pic from the internet, this is just to show the style of his beard [url]http://goo.gl/RO14KC[/url] Thoughts?
I think that advice isn't great. It's hard putting these profiles together and second guessing everything but to the extent that you can "capture" your DH and yourself, I would suggest just showing pictures of how you really are. Your husband's beard may be something that "speaks" to an expecting mom. In fact, if you have other non-professional pictures to use, that may be even better (though I understand NOT having those..I remember scrounging for a good picture for the cover). Good luck!
Advertisements
Thanks for your reply. We have plenty of photos, I myself am a photographer and friends with many photographers so there is never a lack of photos!
That was my thought as well that we need to try to be ourselves. We are not kids, we're pretty well set in our personalities. I am going to strive for honesty in all things for this knowing that some things might be off-putting to some people (religion, lack of family) but it is who we are.
Thanks for your reply. We have plenty of photos, I myself am a photographer and friends with many photographers so there is never a lack of photos!
That was my thought as well that we need to try to be ourselves. We are not kids, we're pretty well set in our personalities. I am going to strive for honesty in all things for this knowing that some things might be off-putting to some people (religion, lack of family) but it is who we are.