Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm trying to help my grandmother find her birth father. She was born in 1942 in Jeffersonville Indiana, and her father's name is not on her birth certificate. Her mother passed away in 2012, and there is no one else that we can find that would know who her father is. If anyone has any information on a way that I can locate at least his name I would appreciate it and so would she. Please any and all help would be great-fully appreciated. Thank everyone in advance. :wings:
Nate,
I think your best chance is doing in-depth genetic testing of your grandmother. Tests have come a long way in a very short time and there's a good chance you can narrow it down to a surname group and then start sleuthing...
I think you have must stronger odds having your grandma take the test...than if you did it. Ask the question though from someone with knowledge. Is your grandma an only or does she have siblings (half or whole)?
[url=http://dna-explained.com/2013/06/23/mythbusting-women-fathers-and-dna/]Mythbusting – Women, Fathers and DNA | DNAeXplained – Genetic Genealogy[/url]
Do your homework and talk to different companies...they aren't that expensive even for the more comprehensive tests - considering what's at stake.
Good luck.
Kind regards,
Dickons
Advertisements
I meant to include if you can include a maternal sibling that helps rule out which markers come from which line...
D