Advertisements
Advertisements
We've all been sick all weekend. I've only been this sick once since becoming a mom, when my son was a baby. Now I have a preschooler and a toddler, we've all had fevers, coughs, etc. The kids are both too young for cold medicine, not that it's helping me much. I seem to be starting to mend today, but they're still feverish. I feel pretty confident in managing most things as a single mom, but this weekend all I wanted was for somebody to come tuck me into bed and watch my kids. Unfortunately, we had dangerous weather conditions and warnings, so my mom coming to help wasn't an option, and my friends mostly have kids of their own. I'm not looking for any kind of advice, just needed to whine for a minute to people who understand.
I understand! Thankfully we haven't had a really bad bout of sickness yet, but I'm sure the day will come. Whenever I spend time with my family (3 siblings all married all with 3+ kids each) I notice how when my sister has to leave the room (potty break anyone!) she says "honey, watch the kids". I don't have a honey and end up trying to equally hand out responsibility to my sibs/parents.
Advertisements
Ugh. My little and I seem to get sick all the time, despite living a healthy lifestyle, taking probiotics, yada yada! This year especially we caught everything under the sun. Feel better mama.
This year has been really bad for everyone that I know with small kids (that includes us). I was so happy that ~ 3-4 weeks went by without my little one getting sick again and today at lunch I got a text from the babysitter that he has 103. No runny, stuffy nose, no cough, nothing, just high fever. Called the doctor's office. A new bug going around...keep him on Tylenol and Ibuprofen, common fever for this bug 102-104. Ugh!