Advertisements
Advertisements
About a month ago, my FD's pediatrician referred her for early intervention at my request. yesterday I got a letter saying that they were closing her file because I had not responded. I never got a call to respond to! So I call the pediatrician's office, and they say this happens all the time. The letter said I could contact them if I wanted them to reopen, but there was no information, even in the letterhead, telling me how to contact them. Pediatrician gave me a number, I called, and the person I talked to sounded neither surprised nor concerned by what had happened. I was appalled. We are finally scheduled for her intake assessment, but people tell me the same frustrations will continue. Plus, almost all intake appointments are in the middle of the day - the hardest time to get out of work and in conflict with lunch/ nap time, which just seems stupid. I'm not looking for advice or anything, just venting my frustration. I Work with kids, and if my program did business this way, we would be out of business. I guess I just feel like I should be able to expect more from professionals. It probably didn't help that I was at work an hour and a half late for a kid whose parent happens to work for another part of their system, and they are so rigid about their time. Again, just venting, and thanks ahead of time for the support and lack of judgement that I find here.