Advertisements
Advertisements
It's trending on facebook. (I'm not a techie or I would attach the link). The adoptive parents are a politician and his wife from Arkansas. The first link I read yesterday quoted a rep from DHS as saying prospective adoptive parents are trained to deal with traumatized kids... I wasn't although my training was more than ten years ago. The rep also said if the parents had exhausted all resources, kids could be rehomed through proper channels with nothing happening to the adoptive parents. This is in the news because the kids were put with a pedophile and one of the girls was abused... again. So sad.
Advertisements
Millie,
It was a sibling set of three, they sent one back and then adopted two and six months later they rehomed to friends....
Adopted from foster care.
As I understand it only two states currently have legislation against this type of rehoming (not done through courts) and three others have legislation pending. Arkansas will make four seeing as the lickety-split introduced legislation after the story broke.
I'm sorry but I don't buy his excuses - DHS wouldn't help a sitting legislator? Really? I don't buy it for a minute...
Kind regards,
Dickons
Last update on April 25, 3:41 pm by Miriam Gwilliam.
Dickons: it's part of the same story. I don't buy his story either.. And I can't believe he and his wife didn't do any research. I admit: I didn't do any research either. However, after I started, I jumped at the chance to learn all I could. I admit that when I first started, I thought love alone would help our kids. I now know better. I just can't believe he didn't reach out to anyone. And those kids ended up with a pedophile.
Dickons
Millie,
It was a sibling set of three, they sent one back and then adopted two and six months later they rehomed to friends....
Adopted from foster care.
As I understand it only two states currently have legislation against this type of rehoming (not done through courts) and three others have legislation pending. Arkansas will make four seeing as the lickety-split introduced legislation after the story broke.
I'm sorry but I don't buy his excuses - DHS wouldn't help a sitting legislator? Really? I don't buy it for a minute...
Kind regards,
Dickons
Last update on April 25, 3:41 pm by Miriam Gwilliam.
The story has gotten even worse today. There's a news article interviewing the previous foster parents of the two girls who were adopted and then re-homed to a child rapist. The foster parents wanted to adopt them, but I guess the legislator was on a first-name basis with the executive director of the Arkansas DHS, so the girls were removed from the foster home, even though DHS workers had repeatedly said it was a bad match and tried to talk the couple out of adopting this particular sib group. I'll have to go find the link, so you can read the latest updates.
Those poor gilrls lost their bio family, lost one of their siblings and lost a foster family.. Ish!!!
Advertisements
Those poor gilrls lost their bio family, lost one of their siblings and lost a foster family.. Ish!!!