Advertisements
Advertisements
Background: We started in January and completed everything by Feb 27th. We are just waiting for our homestudy to be completed.
Got a call about a week ago about a sibling set of 5 but only the oldest two would be placed with us. They would rush our homestudy to get them placed. Then found out if fell through two days later, friday got another call to see if we would still be willing to take two, this time the two middle children. Will be finding out on Monday if it will happen or not.
Already the rollercoaster has started! So excited to start. Although as a former foster child myself I know the kids won't be as excited. Will update when I know more.
On a different note, I have loved reading everyone's posts, it helps to gain a new insight on all the different things we might experience.
Neice
Congratulations and good luck. What do you know about the middle children? Age, race, gender? Do those things align within your parameters?
Advertisements
The siblings that we would get will be ages 9 and 7, both boys. It fits in with our parameters because we are pretty open to all ages. Our parameters are boys 0-15 and girls 0-12. Our oldest is 16 and our youngest is almost 4. So as long as they are younger than our oldest, any age is fine. But since we have a teenage boy in the house and another about to be a teenager, I wasn't comfortable having teen girls.
It's a unique situation because they are currently in kinship care but the relative is unable to continue due to several reasons. I'll be sure to get as much info as I can. A little nervous but very excited.