Advertisements
Advertisements
We were invited to a matching event this month but I have a few questions since we have not attended one before.
1. We are hoping to foster adopt a child or sib group under 4 years old. Should we still go even if we are not wanting older children at this time?
2. Is it helpful to make a info sheet about your family to hand out to other SW?
3. Have you had any luck with matching events?
Thanks
We only went to one... and realized it wasn't something that was for us. The youngest kids were around 4 or 5ish I think.
Lots of parents had info sheets that they handed out to the CWs who were there. (We didn't, but were asked if we had one... I would definitely bring some if you decide to go.)
During the event we attended, our LW introduced us to lots of CW who asked about our age range, etc.... (We were foster/adopt open for 0 to 10, but our LW was pushing for the lower end of that spectrum.) Lots of CW said they would keep us in mind. So, it was supposed to be good from a networking standpoint. We did submit our homestudy for a sibling set we met there, but weren't selected.
We were matched with our STBAS soon after attending this event, but it ended up the worker who selected us wasn't at the event, so I'm not sure how much that networking helped. It certainly can't hurt to try it.
Advertisements