Advertisements
Advertisements
Hubby and I live in Missouri, Missouri uses Adoption photolisting primarily for kids waiting for adoption (according to our state caseworker).
However I see different kids on Adoption Exchange from Missouri. I inquire about said kiddos on Adoption Exchange and get no response. I have inquired with 2 private agencies, one we have a possible match, have to wait a few months, not sure how long (up to a family member of the kiddo--caseworker said the family member is dragging their feet and no idea what is going on--- private agency, not normal situation for them). And the other private agency is very evasive about sending material or answering questions. We are looking for a kid aged 3-10, not medically fragile, mild-moderate behavior, emotional issues and want to adopt domestically. We have no children of our own and do plan on raising child as own and would be open to an open adoption. I know it takes time. We have had our license (home study) done over a year. We've had 2 adoption interviews. I'm just at wits end and the process hasn't even started!!! Advice? If you know of an agency. Please private message me. We are new to the game and already tired of playing! :( :confused:
Last update on November 17, 8:25 am by Sachin Gupta.
Have you gone to the Missouri Heart Gallery?
[url=http://moheartgallery.org/]Heart Gallery of Missouri - Home[/url]
What county are you in? That may make a difference.
Are you open to sibling groups? That will make it easier as well.
Good luck.
Advertisements
We have fostered one and do not want to foster except to adopt the child. I've looked on the MO Heart Gallery but was told by my state caseworker they only use MO Adoption photolisting and most of the kids on the Heart Gallery and the adoption photolisting are the same kiddos but the Adoption Exchange kiddos are different. I don't understand why. I inquired today on another kiddo in MO. thank y'all. I'm in SE Missouri by the way, closer to TN and Arkansas.
Last update on November 17, 8:26 am by Sachin Gupta.