Advertisements
Advertisements
I would love some encouraging words about waiting.
A little backstory on me: DH and I have 2 bio kids (5 and 6) and work full-time. We completed our training requirements with a private foster care agency in January and at that time made an inquiry on a SNAP child in our state. About a month after that, Feb. 25, we found out we were not a match for that child.
It's been 16 business days since then and we've received only one referral call, which we did not accept for several reasons. I'm really surprised we haven't gotten any other calls! We are open to up to 2 kids, preferred age 4-9 but we can go younger. The agency kinda made it sound like we'd be getting calls allllll the time.
Has anyone else had a similar experience? Thanks!
An update: On Friday we received our 2nd referral call but declined. Yesterday (Tuesday) we received our 3rd call and said YES but did not get the kids.
So a little more communication but still awaiting placement!
Advertisements
An update: On Friday we received our 2nd referral call but declined. Yesterday (Tuesday) we received our 3rd call and said YES but did not get the kids.
So a little more communication but still awaiting placement!
We're right there with you. I've got no answers but, by all accounts, those who wait are eventually rewarded. I know 3 weeks seems like an eternity but it's really not very long at all.
The way I look at it, we're licensed for a year, regardless. If, after 1 year, we have no placements, then clearly there is no need for us and we will move on.
However, I truly don't believe that will be the case.
Your turn will come and so will ours.
We are in the same boat too. We have said yes to over 20 placements and we were not chosen for any and we have declined just as many. We've been licensed since October! We are with an FFA and are currently taking classes with county. We are told our profile is "wonderful and you should have kids soon!" and we are able to take 2 under 10. Still holding out hope we will get a placement with our FFA before we finish the county classes... :rolleyes: so annoying. We did have one 24 hour respite placement in January. Loved every minute of it.
manyxblessed
We are in the same boat too. We have said yes to over 20 placements and we were not chosen for any and we have declined just as many. We've been licensed since October! We are with an FFA and are currently taking classes with county. We are told our profile is "wonderful and you should have kids soon!" and we are able to take 2 under 10. Still holding out hope we will get a placement with our FFA before we finish the county classes... :rolleyes: so annoying. We did have one 24 hour respite placement in January. Loved every minute of it.
*I attempted to reply earlier...swallowed into a black hole perhaps?*
That is so discouraging!!
HOW do people have such wildly different experiences with getting placements? Why do some people wait for months while others get called immediately? There seems to be no rhyme nor reason.
Advertisements
Any news from anyone? We are still submitting for kids and not getting them... just submitted for another little girl today but at this point I don't even get excited. We have our 4th PRIDE class with county tomorrow but are taking calls from our current FFA until we switch over.
We are now up to 3 calls (2 No's and a Yes). This week we got a call for a respite this weekend which we are taking! I'm excited for the room to get some use, even if it's just for two nights.
playdatecrasher
We are now up to 3 calls (2 No's and a Yes). This week we got a call for a respite this weekend which we are taking! I'm excited for the room to get some use, even if it's just for two nights.
How did respite go? I finally recieved my first call, which I had to decline, sadly. (too big of a sibling group)but at least I know I am actually remembered. :) I keep hoping I don't wait for another 2 months to get another call!
Advertisements