Advertisements
Advertisements
Looking for anyone with experience who can give me advice. We have been called for a pre-adoptive placement. Meth baby 3 months old- just started making eye contact at 9 weeks old, rigid muscles, has been evaluated by CVRC, stopped breathing once and is on an apnea monitor, is emotionally "deregulated" cries all the time and is fussy.
I told our worker no at first, then a little later I sent an email and asked for her to just send me the health history so I could look it over more and give it more thought, and she did right away. I feel so horrible for this little girl but I am unsure about the long term effects, if this is just temporary, I don't know much. Does anyone have any positive experiences?
P.S. this would pretty much be our first placement. We've had a 24 hour placement once.
I also posted in the foster care forum.
feeling conflicted.
manyxblessed
Looking for anyone with experience who can give me advice. We have been called for a pre-adoptive placement. Meth baby 3 months old- just started making eye contact at 9 weeks old, rigid muscles, has been evaluated by CVRC, stopped breathing once and is on an apnea monitor, is emotionally "deregulated" cries all the time and is fussy.
I told our worker no at first, then a little later I sent an email and asked for her to just send me the health history so I could look it over more and give it more thought, and she did right away. I feel so horrible for this little girl but I am unsure about the long term effects, if this is just temporary, I don't know much. Does anyone have any positive experiences?
P.S. this would pretty much be our first placement. We've had a 24 hour placement once.
I also posted in the foster care forum.
feeling conflicted.
My niece is 23 years old and graduated high school, going to dental school, very smart young lady. She was born with meth/crank in her and my sister drank hard stuff too throughout her pregnancy. My niece has never showed any signs of being born like that and born a month premature. She is very sweet,shy,and very laid back. She is a blessing. Hope this helps you with your decision. Lord knows that little girl needs you.
Advertisements
Hello. New to the forum.
With experience w/ meth , one of the main things to keep in mind is : every situation is unique.
That being said , older children (in their 20s,30s) were exposed to a different type of meth ( class D) in the 80s,90s.
A major problem with street meth (class B) or the meth coming in from Mexico (also B ) is that it hits its consumers much harder. It's also deadlier. Unlike cocaine or alcohol , it's not a drug where "you do more and you risk more" . One hit of something mixed with a bad recipe can cause serious brain damage and even death.
The good news?
I think the best news is for those who are patient. Unlike the 90s , we're able to share technology at a very fast rate. If your child has any "long term ailment" - solutions will likely come within their lifetime and your lifetime.